PDA

View Full Version : Helpfull hint of the week.

EVcycle
08 September 2010, 1933
When ever you pull off a cable, especially with a lug on the end, cover it with a old piece of large rubber fuel line or small auto heater hose.

If it is a standard Lead battery connection, a old piece of small radiator hose should snugly fit.

Plasma free zone....Ed

EVcycle
08 September 2010, 1935
gasfreeearth - Great tip Ed. I like keeping my workspace plasma free too.

I thought this weeks tip was going to have to do with wearing shatter-proof eye wear while working around grinders, batteries, or flying footballs.

:)

EVcycle
08 September 2010, 1935
Tony Coiro - I'll second that, managed to shatter an old angle grinder disk a few days ago causing my righteous red beard and safety goggles to take a beating. There's no reason to not wear goggles. Hasn't been a week yet, but another hint is: measure twice, drill holes once and never trust my welding.
"We realize that we have not answered all your questions and in most cases, our answers have only served to produce more questions for which we have no answers, leaving us as confused as before. However, (we believe) we are now confused on a much higher level and about much more important things than before."

1978 Suzuki GS550 48V 55Ah, Alltrax 4844, Etek RT