Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 V LiFePo4 auto batteries?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cut and pasted from the email from factory sales rep when I asked for pricing on a sample and a quantity of 30. I even asked my associate in Shanghai to ask for a price quote directly. His job is negotiating electronic component pricing and he only got a few RMB less in his request. Just shows that they were not jacking up the price for an American. Now, shipping is extraordinarily high on a sample. You have to keep that part in mind when comparing what a USA supplier would quote you. Don't compare apples to oranges.

"please see attachment of 12v50ah autu-start battery ,it need 20pcs 38120 getting together
    and the price(12v50ah):if you need sampel:it is 280usd including the battery+bms+box for sample...if you need 30 pcs:it is 265usd
    and the price (12v30ah):if you need sample:it is 176usd inclduing the battery+bms+box...if you need 30pcs:it is 166usd"
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how switchable those Headways would be? If space on my GPR-S permitted, would it be possible to simply swap out my 24 60AH TS LiFePo's for 6 or 7 of these Headway batteries? I have a charger that just seems to charge whatever you hook it up to until it has 90 volts. I believe my controller works with charges that are 90 volts and below. I have no BMS. So, space permitting, could I expect to plug in let's say, 7 of these headway batteries in place of my current set of Thunderskies, and expect everything to work pretty much the same (but with more C-power)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Question is with these 12v Headways is the BMS. Didn't appear to support any external signal for LVC/HVC? Any details on the internal BMS?
    2003 Ninja 250EX, Agni #95, 6:1 Gearing, (25) 40Ah Calib Lifepo4 cells
    On board charger, Mini-BMS, Kelly 400amp Controller, all LED lighting
    12' Yamaha FZ1, 06' XR650R SM, 71' DT250 Yamaha, 78' RD400 Yamaha
    http://www.evalbum.com/1955
    http://www.evalbum.com/3337

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    If they're just a standalone BMS made for pre-fabbed batteries, they just do HVC and LVC through FET's on the board, so there's a current limit associated. These look like they just balance the cells, and they're individual.

Got any more pics of the BMS boards?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have not dissassembled the BMS boards yet. They are very small and are dominated by a large power resistor. Strictly a stand alone internal BMS with no external connections. They appear to be for balancing purposes only. You would still need to limit LVC and HVC at the 12V level if you used them in a traction pack. Aim of the testing is to see how well they stay in balance and how "happy" the cells are being used this way. I'll try to take some of the tape off the BMS boards and get you a closeup picture tonight or Saturday......
    Thomas A. Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    BB, did you ever get your bike going? Couldn't find a "first ride" thread? Was wondering how you liked the Cell-logs? I think their great but wish they were larger...so tiny.
    2003 Ninja 250EX, Agni #95, 6:1 Gearing, (25) 40Ah Calib Lifepo4 cells
    On board charger, Mini-BMS, Kelly 400amp Controller, all LED lighting
    12' Yamaha FZ1, 06' XR650R SM, 71' DT250 Yamaha, 78' RD400 Yamaha
    http://www.evalbum.com/1955
    http://www.evalbum.com/3337

Post Thanks / Like
    DR DR... Haven't had time to mess with the bike untill just recently. (Besides its been damn cold in my garage until Apr.) Work has resumed and we should be having the Frankenstein ride very shortly.....
    Thomas A. Edison

Not to be taken seriously DaveAK's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a chance that I might beat Bruce to the first ride?

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard there was snow forcasted for the greater Anchorage area this weekend..........
    Thomas A. Edison

Not to be taken seriously DaveAK's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be. But my driveway is looking like it will be snow free by tomorrow. Going to get the bike out anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast