Thread: Ryan Williams, OSU student (part of the Buckeye Electric Motorcycle Race Team) killed

teddillard

Ryan Williams, OSU student (part of the Buckeye Electric Motorcycle Race Team) killed

Sorry to report this, via John Wild:
    http://www.thelantern.com/campus/osu...oing-1.2169716

"An Ohio State student, Ryan Williams, died Thursday night after a motor vehicle accident on Olentangy River Road.

Williams was a 23-year-old in engineering from New Albany, Ohio, and was part of the Buckeye Electric Motorcycle Race Team.

The accident occurred just before 8:30 p.m., when Williams' motorcycle collided with a Volkswagen Passat at the intersection of Olentangy River Road and state route 315 southbound access ramps, according to a Columbus Police report."

I post this to remind us all how important motorcycle safety is... especially after reading Alex's comments about being a motorcycle newbie. Take a course, read the Hurt Study, and ride like they're out to get you.

Condolences to Ryan's team, his friends and family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm sounds like the classic story; Rider chilling down the country road, driver pulls out without looking propperly to each sides, rider goes flying over the bonnet. Aggrovates me as hell when drivers act so carelessly, especially around other riders.. (But I can't know for sure what happended)
    I am very saddened to hear that he didn't make it, I'm sending a thought to his friends and family.
    Last edited by Coninsan; 18 April 2011 at 0756.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage

jpanichella
    That's such a shame. I think seance might be on that EV team. My condolences to Ryan's family and friends.
    Last edited by jpanichella; 18 April 2011 at 1230.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan was a great guy. I only met him earlier this year in class and as part of the team, but he was always enjoying himself and he taught me a lot. He definitely made an impact on me and I saw a lot of potential in him. Ryan was always willing to get his hands dirty and learn something new. The Team will greatly miss his expertise and fun-loving attitude. I will miss his friendship. Raise a glass to this wonderful young man.

This year's race vehicle and season is dedicated to him.
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Motor Thread , Sorry excuse for a blog/
    OSU IOM Build Thread, OSU Current webpage

"Noah ducks and runs away with Ted. N&V joins in and we have a 3 way tranny fest.
    Hmmm...that didn't come out right..." -podolefsky

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan Williams was a young, aspiring engineer with a bright future ahead of him. He was well-liked by all team members and his intelligence and humor will be sorely missed.
    He was one of the good guys.

-Sean C. Ewing
    "Let’s win these races for Ryan!!" - L.W.
    Famous Quotes....
    James May - "It's an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place!"
    BillMi - "Holy Cats! .... (it's) a death trap with extra killing sauce."
    Teresa Dillard - "I can't believe you (Ted) killed a Prius."

[10-09, 20:32] jpanichella: I was worried I was talking to myself
    [10-09, 20:45] EVcycle: you were I am a bot.....

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Man, this is terrible news. Sorry to hear about this guys.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad news indeed, and as Ted said, a good reminder of the importance of motorcycle safety.

o_O
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such a tragedy to happen to someone so young and with so much to contribute. Condolences

teddillard
    Ryan's obituary and Guest Book are here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dis...7007&fhid=5755

My heart goes out to you guys...

Post Thanks / Like
    It is always sad to hear of someone, with such potential, die before their time.....
    EV Ed
    Never let being a responsible adult get in the way of passion and curiosity.
    Juiced Racing.net
    Headway Headquarters
    Motenergy.com. (Formally Mars Electric LLC)
    Ev album 2456, 2458, 2457, 2681, 3456, 3630