Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: does Brammo not really understand el Moto’s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frodus View Post
    well, get Jim to build you a 6.7" motor or trade up to a K91 .... his prices that I've seen were great (under $500) for a 6.7" motor.

Sounds like they're being cautious, but if they're saying there are issues with the motor above 72V, they must know something we don't .
    I'll do some lookin' and askin'. All I saw on his website was big stuff, like 9" and above.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    thats mostly what he deals with, but he does smaller. I've bought and sold several motors from him without any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    email sent...will see what he says.

thanks for the tip.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    On another forum a fellow who watched the mini-moto race in LV said that the Brammo came out for one race, couldn't keep up with the Zero, retired and never came back. His quote is: In my opinion, the Brammo looked underpowered and had an obvious disadvantage accelerating and coming out of corners. I commend Brammo for the IET, but all the gears in the world won't make up for a lack of power.

On the same forum, another poster commented that a CVT might be the way to go to get the most out of an EV. It seems to me that giving that a try using a junk-yard motor scooter transmission might be something worth experimenting with. An off the shelf motor scooter CVT might not be able to handle the torque for very long, but it might work long enough to test the results. I imagine that there are plenty of junked motor scooters around.
    I had a thought many moons ago that a snowmobile cvt might be the way to go. Plenty of junked sleds in Maine, and they would be able to handle the power. But I don't know much about snowmobiles other than the basics.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011