Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric GSXR 750 Project

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be true on a regular motorcycle sprocket, but on the 7/8" drive sprockets, it doesn't matter if you move the sprocket center. There's lots of room on the motor shaft to move it back and forth and get it lined up. I just face mine on one side, works fine.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    I just noticed that the zero X`s front sprocket is for 420 chain size, and 7/8 shaft diameter, a perfect fit for my bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. I wish they sold their belt drive parts separately.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by podolefsky View Post
    Nice. I wish they sold their belt drive parts separately.
    Considering that they sell only 2010 parts, I think they will sell their belt parts when they will upgrade their bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got a notice from my university telling me witch teacher will help me do my final studies project. I emailed him telling him that I would like my motorcycle project to be link to my final school project. I hope he will let me do it.

The email was a surprise for me, because I didn't think I would have to think about my final project until the end of the year.

His specialty is transmissions, so I may end up making, or at least designing a transmission for the bike (their is a little bit of space next to the motor, inline with the shaft).

Post Thanks / Like
    It's official, I will design a transmission for the bike (I will build the bike without it, tho). I was happy enouth that my project was accepted. I will start next January, when I will start the work on my final university project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Coolguydc,

Currently do you have any data on the electric motorcycle with out transmission?

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    No.... not now. The motor and controler will arrive at my doorstep on the 29th. I know that my system is limited, so a transmission could help the performance of the bike. it would probably lower the range, at a constent speed, but it shouls inprove it on accelerations ( cloud have 6:1 ratio first gear and 4:1 second gear).The advantages could be interesting for city driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    My stuff is in brokerage from ups........... expecting 300$ of fees fos 920$ of stuff............ It sucks to be in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    support battery dans frame.jpgbattery pack.jpg

Here is the new battery setup in my frame. it takes less place, and the batteries will be in a isolated casing (new electric vehicule norm from the saaq).

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast