Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric GSXR 750 Project

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyndc View Post
    Attachment 2787Attachment 2788

Here is the new battery setup in my frame. it takes less place, and the batteries will be in a isolated casing (new electric vehicule norm from the saaq).
    I like that setup. Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the GBS batteries Waterproof?

Post Thanks / Like
    they're not. they have caps, but there are still holes where the bus bars and cables go through.

I made lexan covers for mine that provide a better seal than the original caps. Not water *proof*, but seems to keep rain out pretty well. I've ridden through the rain and haven't had any problems.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found out that my motor didn't come with a key......... where can I get one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most decent hardware stores carry key stock, I think they even have it in the bins at the box stores like Home Depot and Lowes here in the states. If you can't source locally, places like McMaster Carr or similar usually have all the mechanical bits you could dream of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Farm/Ranch supply stores too. Keys are used for all kinds of motors and gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    official version 3.0 of the battery mounts
    support battery v3.0.jpg
    It lowers and it moves back the center of gravity.

the battery mount will be closed off, offering waterproofing, witch is required by my government.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m designing my electrical syste,, and I was wondering If I could feed the main contactor with the kill switch, after the dc-dc convertor, So I would`t need a secpndary 12v relay to close the contactor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyndc View Post
    I`m designing my electrical syste,, and I was wondering If I could feed the main contactor with the kill switch, after the dc-dc convertor, So I would`t need a secpndary 12v relay to close the contactor.
    Basically you want to interrupt (open) the contactor control with the kill switch? Yes this is what a lot of people do, the kill switch originally operates on 12V and actually probably performs the same function by opening up a small relay on an ICE engine, thou I am guessing here. I would also switch the 12V side of the contactor control line and not the GND side.
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Motor Thread , Sorry excuse for a blog/
    OSU IOM Build Thread, OSU Current webpage

"Noah ducks and runs away with Ted. N&V joins in and we have a 3 way tranny fest.
    Hmmm...that didn't come out right..." -podolefsky

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    Basically you want to interrupt (open) the contactor control with the kill switch? Yes this is what a lot of people do, the kill switch originally operates on 12V and actually probably performs the same function by opening up a small relay on an ICE engine, thou I am guessing here. I would also switch the 12V side of the contactor control line and not the GND side.
    I want to open and close the contactor with the kill switch.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast