Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not just disappointed. I'm angry

Post Thanks / Like

Not just disappointed. I'm angry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znn_Y...ayer_embedded#!

Here's what I wrote on Hellforleathermagazine.com 's article about this piece of crap:

Revisionist history at its finest. This is how Dorna and FIM work together to hide any reference to TTXGP and the efforts of Azhar Hussain and his organization in bringing electric motorcycle racing into public awareness.

FIM forbade TTXGP from bringing its own cameras to chronicle this event. Forbade TTXGP and the teams from running onboard cameras, too. All with the promise that it would provide excellent video coverage.

I am sick to my stomach watching this series of unprofessional video snapshots, thinking about what could have been, and what should have been comprehensive and artistic footage of a historic race.

Shame on you, FIM and Dorna.
    Vive la TTXGP.
    Follow me on twitter or read my blog.

Post Thanks / Like
    im surprised they did that much coverage...

but i agree this kind of event should have better coverage and publicity than it does...

its a sport and should be treated as such with video coverage coming in from all types of sources, not just one...
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Post Thanks / Like
    We should all be angry.
    It's crap like this that is intended to wear TTXGP down. With TTXGP out of the picture, FIM will not ramp up electric motorcycle racing. It will declare the venture D.O.A. Meanwhile, the teams will be left to figure out how to organize races, series, etc. If there was ever a time to show support for electric motorcycles, electric motorcycle racing, and TTXGP, it is now.

I'm not sure how we can do that effectively, but calling out FIM for its bad behavior on the various forums, social media, etc., is a start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Harry,
    Is there some FIM Tool for lodging complaints?

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit SplinterOz's Youtube Channel
    It is not only happening there. In Australia TTXGP has teamed up with FX-Superbikes, at the first meet the media did an interview and we had about 10 minutes on air. However the magazine covering the meets has every class written up with results except the electric.
    On the last meet there is about 3 minutes of air time and footage from the previous meet.

Yet these guys pay over twice the amount in race fees than their petrol buddies. They get one race a day instead of two. That race is held at lunch time. The race is held when the grid girl comp is on.

It seems like they are not taking it seriously at all.
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital
    http://rgelectric.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: FIM tool for lodging complaints - it's not a democracy. Unless you're a Honda or Ducati etc., your complaint will end up in the cochlear file. I'm so frustrated now, though, that I'm dismissing that suggestion without a fair consideration. Let me think on it and I'll get back to you.

Oz , sorry to hear that, but not surprised. They fear change, and want the electrics to fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, this video makes me way sad.
    "We realize that we have not answered all your questions and in most cases, our
    answers have only served to produce more questions for which we have no answers,
    leaving us as confused as before. However, (we believe) we are now confused on a
    much higher level and about much more important things than before."

1978 Suzuki GS550 - 48V 60Ah Pb-A, Alltrax 4844, Etek-RT
    1997 Suzuki Katana 600 - 18s8p (~72V, 40Ah) 30C Turnigy Lipo, Navitas 500A with D&D Sepex

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW talk about sweeping all the hard work under the rug. I was 50' from the awards and the crowd was cheering like mad. Talk about making it look like no one cared. It was fun racing with some great teams, disapointing.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder what they are all afraid of...

but a lot of motorcyclist dont take the EV motorcycle very serious here either, its like if it dont make a lot of noise then it cant be real...

my thoughts are once they sit their happy arse on it and take it for a ride they'll change their minds...

unfortunately i feel the same mentality applies with the TTXGP situation...
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Post Thanks / Like
    i can tell you from my drag racing stand point,they sure take notice when i go by them! it takes a long time and a lot soap box ranting to get people to take an EV seriously. when my new bike is done...street legal!...i will make some more ICE guys think over! it just takes more time...they will fear the ELMOTO i'm bringing down on them! lmao!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast