Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, nice to see everyone again. Things seem like they haven't changed much :)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, nice to see everyone again. Things seem like they haven't changed much :)

Ok so for those who don't know me, I'm Terry. I actually was a forum moderator here pre elmoto crash (refering to it as if it is in the history books as a time of crisis lol) in 2009-2010. I moved to florida and have been working on buying a house to run off only solar and wind power. That's right, Off The Grid as we call it. Haven't had to pay a power bill since last year. And we charge our electric toys off it as well.

If that sounds interesting to anyone check some of the posts, videos, and infographics here:

Off The Grid

And if you like it, please "like" it, thanks!!

Also we are having a few electric motorcycle racers and enthusiasts coming to our Off The Grid house for an instructional build for students at the University of Central Florida march 17 and 18. Racers like Shelina Moreda and Jeremiah Johnson and others will be here. So if hanging out in Florida playing with electric toys and meeting others in the electric motorcycle race world right after Daytona Bike Week sounds good to you, come on by!

Here is a picture of a few of us at our Off The Grid house and some of the guests who will be attending the Daytona after party.

Daytona After Party Off The Grid.jpg

Again, it's good to be back and see the old faces and meet some new ones too!
    Last edited by gasfreeearth; 04 February 2012 at 0618.

2. Likes Richard230, billmi liked this post
    teddillard
    WELCOME BACK, Terry!

Sure wish I could make it... but you have to promise you won't bust any of your "moves". (Nothing quite as scary as watching a ginger "dance". lmao)

R-E-N-U-A-B-L-E, find out what it means to Terry from DJ Chill Will on Vimeo.

4. Likes gasfreeearth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol thanks for the embarassment there Ted, lol. That was 3 days ago at the Student Union on UCF campus, Off The Grid helped DJ Chill Will spin off solar power for a grand opening of a coffee shop. I had too much promo iced latte's it looks like.

Here's another shot:

solar dj.jpg
    Last edited by gasfreeearth; 04 February 2012 at 0631.

6. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    teddillard
    HA! Weell ya didn't thing you could just saunter back in without suffering some sort of abuse, didja?

Seriously wish I could join you. If for no other reason than to meet SHELINA!!!

8. Likes gasfreeearth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Omg terry! This is certainly signs of the apocalypse.

Good to hear from you. Your tales in elmoto1.0 were classic.

I wish I could make your event, but alas, probably not

Hope to hear more from you soon!
    EVs: 2007 Zapino Scooter, Honda VF500 Conversion (electriceptor.wordpress.com), Red Nissan LEAF SL (Arrived!)

10. Likes gasfreeearth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back dude. Wish I could be there.

12. Likes gasfreeearth liked this post
    Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hello Terry how are you doing? It's a pleasure to meet you! By name is Jack, I am new to El Moto and am working on my first full-size electric motorcycle. The only other electric vehicle I have ever had was a little black leopard 24 V electric minibike from China that I kind of put together and have been riding for around six months with some new 40 amp hour GBS lithium-ion batteries that I traded an old dirt bike for. Unfortunately a couple weeks back the motor quit started smoking & the wires burst into flames. Luckily it didn't hurt the batteries so last week I bought two more packs and now have 72 V in my Goldwing that I now call my Green Thang! Been looking for somebody to talk to about electric motorcycles but where I live right now in Indian rocks beach south of Tampa I just don't know anybody in the area that I can get any help from for working on my bike. I've been working scents mid June 2011 and almost have it complete but just not quite sure how to hook up the throttle pod in the contactor and all the other little wires, really have been trying hard but just can't find anybody around here to help me. It looks like you're off the grid gathering is going be a nice little shindig where I might be able to hang out and associate with some real electric motorcycle people. In two weeks on the 17th I got invited to stop by USF by Eva Fernandez that's been trying to find someone to help me work on my bike but unfortunately has not been successful. Anyway on the 17th I'll be going there and after that's over I think I'll cruise by since I am really not that far away and check out your off the grid property and talk to some of the people there about electric bikes. So even though my bikes not running right now I'm sure that anyone with any experience which I am totally lacking could probably get my bike hooked up and running in about 15 min. to a half hour. From what I've seen my friend Steve Clunn that lives quite a ways away in Fort Pierce is possibly going to your party if he's there and I hope he is I know he will be able to help me out and hopefully get my bike running for the first time! if not from what it sounds like there will will be a lot of people there that my be able to help me out I don't need a lot of help just a little! I will post a couple pictures so you can see what I'm talking about when I say my solar shade solar bike I don't think you have seen any solar shade quite like mine before. I know I've never seen one like it! and hopefully, I think it'll handle okay only time will tell. So I think I'll throw my bike in the back of my little pickup truck and head up there in a couple weeks, sounds like fun time really looking forward to talking to you about some solar panels for my bike when I get there if all goes well take care and hope to see you then, Jack
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Likes gasfreeearth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Alex and Larry! Great to see you guys outside of Zuckerburgbook! And Jack, why are there not 200 watts or more of panels on that goldwing? I think I see a 1.8w trickle charger in your picture and i don't know what that other thing is. Great setup, i like it, but take advantage of that roof. i'm thinking 400 watts easy will fit there. And I saw you RSVP'd the the Daytona racer party. Cool, I look forward to meeting you.

Electric motorcycle build/Daytona bike week and racer afterparty Off The Grid!!
    Last edited by gasfreeearth; 05 February 2012 at 0637.
    Charging electric motorcycles Off The Grid in Orlando Florida

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Terry I will tell u more why I am useing them so called solar panels when I see u at your party!! in a few weeks i can hardly wait!, Your house is right by my old Ironworker union hall 808 that is on landstreet Rd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry! good to see you here on El Moto, outside of FB.

I am not 100% sure if im gonna make the 1,600 mile ride down from Chicago to Daytona, but I will try my best to get everything in order, its weather depending too.

I am defiantly excited for it!

18. Likes gasfreeearth liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast