Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Brammo (Enertia Plus & Empulse) Delivery schedule ....

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen_okc View Post
    its about time Ted...
    lol! Sorry, you know how I get.

Quote Originally Posted by protomech View Post
    Easy enough to test ...
    ...and I would love nothing more than to have the opportunity to run that test. But, in spite of what Brammo has said publicly, and even privately, I was told quite pointedly that the reason the bike was delayed was because of overheating, and the reason the transmission was adopted was to address that problem. It was, IN NO WAY, substantiated and it should be taken as pure gossip by anyone reading this, but I have to take it on the strength of my source, and that, coupled with the fact that it simply fits with what have been substantiated facts, is what I believe. Take it for what it's worth.

Before someone gets on and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll be the first to admit what I do know is from trying to sort through all the internet noise and personal conversations I have had. If these kinds of statements or opinions distress Harry or Brammo, there's one simple way to eliminate them.

Show us the meat.

If I hear or read one more Brammo representative (and, despite your protestations, Harry, I consider that to include you) say "We WISH we could tell you more, but..." I think my head is going to essplode.

(...getting up off the floor and sitting down again now after Allen slaps me out of my chair )
    Last edited by teddillard; 05 March 2012 at 1041.

Post Thanks / Like
    B) if brammo can hang on, this summers gasoline prices will convince the wasteful to start thinking more towards to efficiency and avoid the high gas prices...
    Anybody that was hanging out on El Moto v1.0 can recall, we said that about $4/gal. High gas prices generate a little hype, and interest level in EV's raises, but I seriously doubt folks will be lining up to buy Leafs & Zeros.

In the end, it's still a very small niche market and may take years to mature. I really hope Brammo can be a player, but with every empty "press-release", my hopes are fading.

Post Thanks / Like
    does the EV motorcycle have to do over 100mph???

they should be after distance not speed - anything over 65mph will get the police on your tail...
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ted - love ya man...
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Post Thanks / Like
    I was impressed that Zero managed to put the 2012 models on the showroom floor only a few months after announcing their new model line. And they actually beat their estimated delivery schedule by a month. I wasn't really expecting that, based upon my impression of the history of the EV industry, including Zero.

teddillard
    Apparently Harlan at Hollywood Electrics agrees with me too:
    Purchase a Zero Motorcycle from Hollywood Electrics before March 31, 2012 and tell us what you're waiting for. If those bikes begin delivery to customers before October 31, 2012, we'll give you up to $1000 cash back!* We want 2012 to be The Year of the Electric Motorcycle and don't want you to miss this opportunity to own the world's best-selling electric motorcycle!

...talk about putting your money where your mouth is. Hat's off to the man...

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/S...id=FW0DOlNk9x8

7. Likes Richard230, seanece, Nuts & Volts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ballsy move by Zero. I love it.
    "We realize that we have not answered all your questions and in most cases, our
    answers have only served to produce more questions for which we have no answers,
    leaving us as confused as before. However, (we believe) we are now confused on a
    much higher level and about much more important things than before."

1978 Suzuki GS550 - 48V 60Ah Pb-A, Alltrax 4844, Etek-RT
    1997 Suzuki Katana 600 - 18s8p (~72V, 40Ah) 30C Turnigy Lipo, Navitas 500A with D&D Sepex

9. Likes Richard230, seanece liked this post
    teddillard
    I'm not sure how much was Zero and how much was Harlan, but my ten bucks says it was his idea first.

11. Likes Richard230, seanece liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. This is a Hollywood Electrics thing, not a Zero thing..

The level of ballsy depends on the offer extended, of course; he could be offering customers a sucker's bet ; ) But I think it's safe to say he'll see some increased business due to the offer..

teddillard
    Considering that $1k is a considerable share of his margin, I'd say it's pretty majorly ballsy. Unless, of course, he knows something we don't.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast