Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brammo Empulse - Los Angeles on May 8th

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow ElMotoMaster On Twitter Add ElMotoMaster on Facebook
    Add ElMotoMaster on Linkedin Visit ElMotoMaster's Youtube Channel Visit ElMotoMaster's Vimeo Channel

Brammo Empulse - Los Angeles on May 8th

Got this in my email a few minutes ago.

We are proud to announce that we will be revealing the production version of the much anticipated Brammo Empulse on May 8th, 2012. The launch event will take place in Los Angeles and will be webcast live to all pre-order customers. Since the Empulse concept was first revealed, a vast amount of development and testing has taken place and we are confident that you will be delighted with the ground-breaking electric motorcycle we are about to reveal. On April 18th we will announce full specifications of this exciting milestone in the evolution of motorcycling, giving you every opportunity to become familiar with the Empulse before seeing it for the first time on May 8th.

Electric motorcycle racing is an integral part of our lives here at Brammo and our experience and championship record on the track has played a critical role in the evolution of the Empulse from concept to production. Professional racers have had a hand in the development of the Empulse and they will be sharing their Empulse riding experiences and impressions with you at the reveal on May 8th.

Follow this link and learn more about the Empulse and its roots in Brammo's racing heritage.

If you have questions about the Brammo Empulse simply email empulse@brammo.com for an answer.

The Brammo Team
    - Mike

2. Likes Deadly Silent Ninja liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they got in specific dates and verifiable information about what they will bring to the table. And they also have a really cool video posted on Facebook if anyone can post it here...

Make room everyone, the "vaporware" is coming (and right on time for my birthday!!!). Honestly, I'm just glad that all the speculative talk will end and we will finally be able to make real world comparisons.

Unfortunately, I will have to wait quite a while before I can put my hands on one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone want to guess about the price? My guess is $18,000, based upon what I have seen in the video, the technology and the premium motor, batteries and chassis parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woot!!!

I have been excited to see this bike for years!

Post Thanks / Like
    Richard, I hope you are very, very wrong about it. Really!!!

My heart says $9K, my brain says "Damn! I will never afford that machine!" However, based on their previous price speculation, I'll bet on $14,999.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the Empulse comes in at only $1K more than my Zero S, I am really going to feel buyer's remorse.

Another week and I assume that we will know the bike's specifications and pricing. Whatever happens, this is going to be interesting and exciting, especially the amount of press that will be generated in all of the motorcycle enthusiast magazines throughout the world and in many of the general-interest technical and science magazines. The Empulse will push the street-cred of electric motorcycles to a new level - if nothing else on its looks alone (compared with the bland Zero styling).

Post Thanks / Like
    The internet media is starting to pick up the 2012 Empulse R specifications story: http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...f-2012-empulse

Post Thanks / Like
    And here is a 20-minute long interview with Brammo CEO and President Craig Bramscher. I haven't watched it yet but I understand that he says some interesting things about his company and the development of the Empulse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHhOAUKyZxE

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, according to the interview, the price tag seems to be higher than i can afford. I hope I am wrong, but he did hint to a "great financing plan." I'll keep my hopes that the Empulse (probably naked) will still be less than $15,000, which is already a large stretch in my pocket. If the "great financing plan" is a 0% 60 month-plan, than I can start doing some math...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast