Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brammo Empulse - Los Angeles on May 8th

Post Thanks / Like

Brammo Empulse R

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Silent Ninja View Post
    Richard, I hope you are very, very wrong about it. Really!!!

My heart says $9K, my brain says "Damn! I will never afford that machine!" However, based on their previous price speculation, I'll bet on $14,999.
    Richard is correct. It'll be at least $17K an likely $18K

teddillard
    Got the link to the feed for the 8th - email here:
    http://evmc2.wordpress.com/2012/05/0...8-live-stream/

Kind of too bad it's so late- starts 7pm PST. Guess I'll be catching it later, I hope they post it on YouTube. I'm well into REM by that time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All,

Interesting, if I can take the day off I can get pics and my view of the bike. Does any one know where in Los Angeles?
    Tony
    Los Angeles

Post Thanks / Like
    Went on Brammo's site, could not find location or RSVP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Event appears to be invitation only (press and Empulse preorders). Brammofan has some contacts within Brammo, talk to him (or just email Adrian Stewart if you're feeling bold) and see if you can get an invite.

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?top...sg8504#msg8504
    2006 Suzuki GS500, sold
    2012 Zero S ZF9
    http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a rumor floating around that the Brammo Empulse R will have a MSRP of $20,000, according to Asphalt and Rubber: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumo...pulse-r-price/

My guess is $18,000. Anyone else want to make a guess before the bike is introduced next Tuesday?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody else get notified they are a finalist in the Brammo 1000 contest? Appearantly I entered it when I signed up for the original Empulse pre-order program.

Guess I will be glued to the LiveStream of the event Tuesday night to see if I win.

teddillard
    I got a message that I have a Bad Attitude, and have banned from The Contest.

(I KEEED, I KEEED!)

9. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a case of almost being too late with the news, last night I finally got around to reading the May issue of City Bike which I picked up about 10 days ago and saw this statement in their "News, Clues & Rumors" column:

"On May 8th, two new models - dubbed the Empulse and Empulse R - will be shown to the press and deposit-holders in Los Angeles, with journalists getting demo units during the summer. The distinction between the two models is unclear, but we were shown a snapshot of the redesigned Empulse, and we think you'll like it: think a lighter, tidier-looking Suzuki SV650, with clean, simple bodywork and a standard tube handlebar instead of the racy-looking clipons of the prototype. Of course, hataz' gona hate, so there will be on shortage of juvenile jeering and cries of "fugly" from those who don't like change, but we think a whole new generation will be turned on (heh,heh) by this bike, and we wouldn't be surprised to find it made bike of the year by more than one publication."

I found the statement that journalists would be receiving test bikes during the summer interesting. I wonder if that is going to be before or after pre-order customers receive their bikes?

It should be an interesting evening and an even more interesting summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Often demo units are pre-production, so I would assume those units would available to journalist before the pre-order customers production-ready units.

.....Then again, I've "assumed" stuff before, and it always seems to get me in trouble.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast