Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brammo Empulse - Los Angeles on May 8th

Post Thanks / Like
    I am waiting for the video that summarizes the introduction. I got bored waiting for something interesting to happen and fell asleep. Did I miss anything.

Time to visit the Brammo Owners Forum, I guess.

I think there are going to be a few people who pre-ordered the (what amounted to be the) base Empulse who are going to be unhappy waiting until next year for that less expensive model to arrive. These year long waits for a motorcycle that you are excited about are tough to endure - says the voice of experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelina may have touched it... (did I call that or what?)
    You did indeed sir! The real bummer is that I couldn't hear what she was saying when the "video hostess" interviewed her.

Did I miss anything?
    see above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a nice video report on the Empulse R which shows details of the bike and also shows it running on the street:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,3789718.story

Post Thanks / Like
    And here is an interesting video interviewing Craig Bramscher in which he discusses the Empulse R and the future of his company:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/08/auto...ycle/index.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    I think there are going to be a few people who pre-ordered the (what amounted to be the) base Empulse who are going to be unhappy waiting until next year for that less expensive model to arrive. These year long waits for a motorcycle that you are excited about are tough to endure - says the voice of experience.
    I think that, based on the price tag, most people will either have enough to try for the Empulse R or will not be able to buy any Empulse at all. I am in the latter group. Not even in a year from now I would gather $17K for a motorcycle.

My main interest in the Empulse was that it would be the first affordable good looking electric motorcycle with somewhat of a "fun" factor. The original tag price for the Empulse 6.0 was $10K. So, a $7K jump from the cheapest original model to the current cheapest model is anything but "affordable."

For me $17K, $40K (Lito Sora), and the flying bikes from Star Wars are all the same. It all means that I will not be riding that machine. As it is, I think Brammo might make some money as some early adopters usually have cash to spare in expensive untested toys, but I could have done without the long wait for nothing. At least I never expected to own a Mission or a Sora, as I knew from the beginning they were out of my league.

I just hope someone else will take a look at the Brammo's original design for the Empulse (lighter, leaner, meaner, and much cheaper ) and work on something like that for the next couple of years.
    Last edited by Deadly Silent Ninja; 10 May 2012 at 0552.

6. Likes ZoomSmith, Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pretty complete analysis of the Empulse R by an obvious enthusiast of the model: http://www.implovator.com/2012/05/th...rives-finally/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234