Thread: 2012 ZF9 Zero S goes 142 miles on a charge

Post Thanks / Like

2012 ZF9 Zero S goes 142 miles on a charge

According to this video, it is possible to travel as much as 142 miles on a 2012 ZF9 Zero S on a full battery charge. Of course, the ride was completely of flat ground, in nice weather and speeds seemed to be kept under 40 mph. Still, not bad for any electric vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZudvNLac3Q

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, the speeds were kept at the posted speed limits and the roads were mainly 25mph with some sections of 35 and 40mph roads, a good part of the riding was done on flat ground, but according to the youtube video comment "After about 80miles, the ride goes up a 40mph country road increasing elevation from 100ft to 1700feet". Not entirely flat I would say.

Now who is going to be the first to go 150miles on a charge?

Post Thanks / Like
    that's still very good, if i was to use it for daily commuting - pretty much a week back and forth to work on one charge...

i wonder what it will do on the freeway???
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Post Thanks / Like
    The real question, is will the ZF-9 have a little red button like the ZF-1.
    Sensei - Electric Ninja 250

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had my Zero S up to an indicated 85 mph on the freeway. But at that speed I would not expect it to go more than about 45 miles. There is a 5-page review of the 2012 ZF9 Zero S in the June issue of Cycle World magazine and they achieved an actual top speed of 84 mph. They said that their 200-pound test rider rode the bike hard and got between 48 and 64 miles before the battery gauge read empty (reports are that it will travel another 10 miles at lower speeds with no bars on the gauge). The average range was 56 miles.

The motor was tested on a dyno and it made 25.7 HP at 3650 rpm and 40.6 lb.-ft.of torque at 1000 rpm in "Sport" mode. In "Eco" mode the motor made 22.3 HP at 4450 rpm and 29.4 lb.-ft. of torque at 1000 rpm. The motor spins 3993 rpm at 60 mph. The Zero gets to 60 mph in 9.3 seconds and does the 1/4 mile in 17.64 seconds at 76.96 mph.

The only red button the bike has is a red kill switch.