Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buell Blast anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    if i was to do a kit, it would be for;

Honda Shadow
    Honda Rebel
    Harley Davidson Sporster

These bikes are most popular for the Harley Group "yard dogs" - very little going on with these bikes in the EV world...

I've had some serious Chopper riders appreciate my motorcycle - claiming if they was to do an electric motorcycle, it would be their choice and style of bike... then they slaps me upside the head for attempting to enter their world with it...

how about kits to convert gas motorcycles to electric powered reverse trikes???
    The Greatest thing about a EV, is the Song of the Terrain...

Post Thanks / Like
    I was considering the Blast due to the availability of them which I have noticed almost every metropolitan area has at least one or two, some areas I have seen 8 for sale! and often for very cheap, roughly $1700 running, or about $700 or less not running.

Also, after getting to ride my friends Zero ZF9 with a belt drive I have realized the huge advantage, no lubricating, no mess, completely silent, more efficient, its truly the way to go! and to have the ability to produce these parts myself I could make it a realistic possibility to convert these bikes much easier.

I would consider other motorcycles for conversion kits as well, but I think I may start with the Blast and work my way from there, If I were to produce motor mount kits for other bikes what would you want, Ninja 250R, Suzuki Katana, Gsxr...?
    Last edited by TonyHelms; 17 May 2012 at 0910.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think for $500 you would sell a lot of these kits you want to make. If I didn't already have a bike in progress, I'd consider a Blast and demo your kit if you make one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was considering the Blast due to the availability of them which I have noticed almost every metropolitan area has at least one or two, some areas I have seen 8 for sale! and often for very cheap, roughly $1700 running, or about $700 or less not running.
    That makes sense. I only watch sales in my local area (not statistically valid), and rarely see Blasts.

Keep in mind that in order to utilize the stock rear pulley, your kit will need to include some kind of primary gearing (jackshaft or gearbox). The rear pulley is too small for electric direct drive, and a custom rear pulley will add several hundred to your kit price.

Waitaminit... didn't we just have this conversation on side 1 of the LP?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12