You may know the Lennon rodgers excel sheet which you can use to predict the range and top speed for your electric motorcycle build.
Well, that is what I consider version the elmoto sheet version 1.0, or stricly speaking 1.5.
The elmoto sheet as made by Lennon Rodgers features feature for:
- Calculating your electric motorcycles;
Weight based on the weight of the rider, components and rolling chassis.
Range based on your batteries specifications.
Top speed based on your motors RPM.
And power required based on aerodynamic requirements.
I've been working on improving the look, feel and workings of Lennon Rodgers sheet as well as bring new features to its capabilities in form of the Elmoto excel sheet V2.0, and here it is.
We are currently up to version 2.18
Version 2.0 Has a number of added features and improvements over the Elmoto 1.0 sheet.
- The user interface has been boiled down for easier viewing
- Full support for and all readouts now in Metric form as well as Imperial.
- Added support for incremental motor readouts, dynomometer readouts.
This feature supports:
Any known motor types and strengths.
Motor output up to 8000 RPM.
- Added graphical interpretaion of motor readout.
- Added a more accurate method of determening top speed.
Graphical readout off motor power up against aerodynamic and rolling resistances.
And if this method doesn't pinpoint your motorcycles topspeed then this sheet also features RPM limited top speed.
Changelog - All the changes and additions made since version 2.0
- Improved the interface slightly.
- Improved calculations regarding motor readout.
- Added graphical interpretations of Range, Acceleration and Costs.
- Added calculations for determinating the 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile times and time to top speed.
- Now factors Aerodynamic drag and Chain resistances in all calculations where these are relevant.
- Added note stating origin of the sheet.
- Minor fixes of spelling mistakes or bugs.
- Some small tweaks to the graphs to prevent them from going out of control.
- Added support for limited motor opperation.
The motor output is now scaled according to battery limit in the form of rated continuous discharge.
- Battery life and costs now also factor battery rated continuous discharge.
- Now factors both Max and continuous battery discharge.
- Limited motor operation is now based on Maximum battery discharge and not continuous (how foolish of me)
- Amps at City, Country road and Highway speeds added under the Range tap.
- Added a "controller specifications" box.
- Controller efficiency now factors in range calculations.
- Thanks to DaveAK motor output is now regulated as a function of controller and battery rating.
- Voltage Sag now factors in motor performance, range, top speed and acceleration calculations.
To view this sheet you need either Microsoft Excel 97 or newer, or any program which is combatible with the .xls format.
You are welcome to post any problems you find with this sheet or any suggestions you might have.